Scanning over the meadow

A place to share photos you've taken in meadows.
Paul O

Scanning over the meadow

Post by Paul O »

My bridge camera is very useful for getting pictures in the meadow - it can go from a macro setting good enough to image an insect in a flower, to a 35x optical zoom to get a decent picture of a tiny bird way up in a tree, all without the need to change the lens. But I'm rarely pleased with my pictures of the meadow itself: maybe it's my lack of skill in using this camera, or maybe I would need to spend out on a DSLR model to get better pictures.

Another option we have tried is to take short videos with a smartphone, with the speed set to 0.5. If you walk through the meadow with the phone hovering just above or just within the sward it creates quite a good 3-D effect. A fews days ago I tried this out in a small area of our meadow on the hill, where the Knapweed has started to flower: https://zedland.uk/videos/TopFieldFlowe ... -06-23.mp4.

I'll take some more when (if) there are more butterflies in this meadow - with luck in another week or two walking through the meadow will produce a wake of butterflies going up out of the sward as I reach them and back down a short distance away in about one second. Last Sunday I saw hardly any, but did see a Meadow Brown flutter down into the sward where I was able to photograph it, marvelling at how it managed to look like a bit of dead leaf:-
030SpotTheMeadowBrown2024-06-23.jpg