Let's get them mapped!

Mike Moser

Let's get them mapped!

Post by Mike Moser »

Hello everyone - it's meadow-makers dream season!

As the coordinator for the Biosphere group I recently attended an inspiring networking event for each of the regional group coordinators, hosted by Donna Cox of Moor Meadows. One priority we agreed was to try to get more meadows on the Forum's Map. This will also be really useful for tracking implementation of the Biosphere's Nature Recovery Plan https://www.northdevonbiosphere.org.uk/ ... -plan.html which has an ambitious target for meadow-restoration/creation. I'm therefore asking for your help - 2 requests!

1. If you have created or are restoring a meadow (from a patch in your garden, to a verge, to a field on your land), please could you add it to the Forum's Map with some details of what you have done (including date started).

2. Please could you ask any friends or neighbours who are meadow-makers to also add their meadow(s) to the Map. If everyone who reads this post can find at least one more meadow-maker to sign-up to the Forum, that would be wonderful!

I shall also be posting on social media to try and get more meadows within the North Devon Biosphere (ie Taw/Torridge catchments) added to the Map - so, fingers crossed for an encouraging result.

Wishing you a wonderful meadow season!

Mike Moser

Re: Let's get them mapped!

Post by Donna Cox »

You are invited to add your meadow to the Meadows Map here: https://moormeadows.org.uk/map/
The Map is hosted on the Moor Meadows website. Any meadow of any scale, whether it's still under restoration to flower-rich grassland, or already established, is welcome to be added to the Map. Currently an encouraging 2,500 acres of meadows are showing on the Map. The meadows are not open to the public. The map shows the collective effort of farmers, landowners and gardeners helping to create a nature rich South West.